Sunday, March 12, 2006

What A Weekend!

Sam's 28th birthday is today! Happy Birthday Sam!!!

It was quite a busy weekend for the both of us, especially because Sam is a big believer in the "birthday week" idea. One of the bridesmaids who works with Sam at Pfizer has a birthday at the beginning of the week, and Sam's was today. They figure they have the entire week between the two of them to celebrate. I'm not sure I'm sold yet...

Sam went out to Bella Ciao (downtown Ann Arbor) for dinner with a couple of friends, and then went to Goodnight Gracie's- a local martini bar with really good martinis (just ask Sam). I, on the other hand spent most of Friday evening grading Earth Science tests that I gave on Friday. I knew I wouldn't have much time to grade them the rest of the day, so I had to get it out of the way.

On Saturday we met up with another of Sam's bridesmaids in town from Kalamazoo to pick up her dress. We met Chris and her husband at the bridal shop and then went out to eat at the Original Cottage Inn. After dinner Sam and I decided we were within walking distance of Bubble Island- the best bubble tea place we've ever visited. In addition to bubble tea, we also got Mochi ice cream, which is a little round bit of ice cream surrounded by some type of rice mash (not the right word) or something. It sounds weird, but it was pretty good. Anybody in Japan heard of it? I'm pretty sure it's an Asian thing.





Here is Sam in front of Bubble Island. I told her to do a fun pose. I don't think she did a very good job of it. It was pretty busy when we stopped by. It's right in the middle of U of M's central campus, and appears to be very popular with the college crowd. I can't blame them.









Sam took my picture in front of Bubble Island as well. I am demonstrating what a fun pose looks like. A+ job, I must say.

No comments: