Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Catching up: Key Club Convention 2007

So...I guess I've been taking a break from blogging...

I'm back though, so don't fret. Unfortunately, I don't have the fancy moving pictures like some overachievers (check it out). What I do have is our wonderful time spent the weekend of March 23-25 with 500 high schoolers from around the state.

That's right, it was the Michigan District Key Club Convention, held in Midland, MI. Luckily I was able to drag Sam along with me this time. As far as Key Club conventions go, this went pretty well, we won three awards, which is three times the number we've won total the last three years. Our video won 3rd place and the club scrapbook won 1st place in the state in the non-traditional category (amazingly enough, much of the final work was done in the car on the way to convention). We also earned 3rd place in the state for the best single service project, which is one of the bigger awards given out. Overall I was quite happy & proud of the Whitmore Lake Key Club.

Here you can see how much fun it was...

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Don't be outdone. You are a SCIENCE teacher after all. Don't let a THEOLOGIAN show you up. Maybe post a video of Tabby on your blog - see who gets more hits.

I am woefully delinquent in the oyster of the month department. I have February and March to do yet. Were you going to prepare these dishes for me? I'm open all weekend.