Tuesday, April 4, 2006

So...Guess What? Big News!


At the start of 1st hour, just as I was finishing going over a couple things with my class as they were continuing their work on their projects, Tom the principal came in. Now and then he'll stop by, either to ask a quick question or talk to a student for one reason or another. Once I was done I asked Tom if he wanted anything. He said, "Thought you'd like to know, but last night the board voted to grant you tenure." "Shouldn't I have been there?"
It turns out that he didn't realize they were going to do it until soon before the meeting. I guess it was originally slated to go to a vote at the next board meeting in two weeks. I personally was clueless that it was coming up so quickly. I knew it would be voted on at the end of this year, but who knew it would happen now? Not me obviously. I was really expecting a little more of a process than what it actually was. Oh well...I'll take it!!

2 comments:

Meika said...

Congratulations! You are UNSTOPPABLLLLLEEEEE... (say in spooky superhero voice)!!!

Cool. I didn't know that happened so quickly.

Meika said...

Congratulations! You are UNSTOPPABLLLLLEEEEE... (say in spooky superhero voice)!!!

Cool. I didn't know that happened so quickly.