Saturday, April 1, 2006

Late Nights (and early mornings) at Key Club Convention

It always tends to be a late night at Key Club Convention. They don't give us a break in the morning either. Breakfast is from 7 to 8 in the morning...I guess I'll be tired. The way I see it, Key Club Convention is all a big April Fool's joke. The actual point of the convention is to elect a new board of directors for the state level of Key Club. The process they go through to do this is the formal method prescribed by Robert's Rules of Order. It's really boring. It takes forever. So that's where things get tricky. The convention is set up so they have a dance at night after the boring part and fun events during part of the day on Saturday before they bore us to death again on Saturday evening. The whole idea is to make the kids forget there's the whole really boring part in it at all.

Unfortunately the dances aren't all that great for me, so it really isn't that exciting of a weekend for me (plus they make you dress up all the time...err). The kids do like it though, so I guess I can't complain too much...

No comments: