Sunday, January 7, 2007

House Hunting

Hellooo!

Just an FYU (as Sam would say): Sam and I went to a few open houses around the area today, just perusing what's out there for what price. We'd LOVE to be able to buy a house when our lease is up the end of April, but we're not sure if that will actually be workable for us or not. Guess it depends if we can find someplace we like, for a price we can afford, in the timetable we can work with our current lease.

We really don't know too much about the whole deal, but I guess that's the point of us checking things out now. Everyone keeps telling us it's a great buyers market...

In an unrelated note:
We're both really excited for the much-delayed Wildeboer Christmas this weekend. I'll try to be more camera happy than normal so M&M&A (Meika, Mike, & Asparagus) feel like they were right there. :)

1 comment:

Meika said...

Yayyyyyy! I hope the things we ordered arrive in time... we're procrastinators!

Houses are fun (at least I thought so for the three weeks I lived in one:), but as we've paid closer attention to how much we're paying on things we've realized that after our insurance payments and interest are taken out, we're only making about $100 headway on the principal each month! Poop. The more you can save beforehand, the better, that's what I say. :)

Can't wait to see the Christmas pictures!