Monday, May 15, 2006

7th Inning Stretch


A celebrity often leads the singing of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the 7th inning stretch at Wrigley Field. The tradition started with Harry Caray (whose charactiture is in the window), who always raucously lead the crowd.

If you look closely, you can see Eddie Vedder singing (he's the one with the mic). For those less rock-n-roll inclined, he's the lead singer of Pearl Jam, a well known "grunge" band out of Seattle (I believe).

The lyrics of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" are slightly altered however. Below are the lyrics as sung at Wrigley Field:


And-a one, and-a two:

Take me out to the ballgame,
take me out to the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and cracker-jack,
I don't care if I ever get back
because it's root, root, root for the CUBBIES!
If they don't win it's a shame!
Cuz it's ONE-TWO-THREE strikes you're out in the old ballgame!

If winning: Let's hold 'em!
If losing: Let's get some runs!

No comments: